Author Topic: Poll: Majority want to be neutral  (Read 493 times)

Offline Johnnie F.

  • Administrator
  • Korat forum specialist
  • *****
  • Posts: 6648
    • Korat-Info
Poll: Majority want to be neutral
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »
Poll: Majority want to be neutral
 
A majority of people want to be a silent force without political affiliation in the present climate, according to the results of an Abac Poll revealed on Sunday.

The poll was conducted on 2,048 people aged 18 and up between May 8-12 in 17 provinces - Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Suphan Buri, Chon Buri, Phichit, Sukhothai, Chiang Mai, Nong Khai, Sakon Nakhon, Ubon Ratchathani, Yasothon, Kalasin, Khon Kaen, Trang, Surat Thani and Songkhla.

Asked about their latest political standpoint, most or 63.1 per cent, said they wanted to be a silent force without political affiliation, 26.3 per cent supported the government, and 10.6 per cent said they were not government supporters.

Asked what they thought about the government under Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in general, 37.8 per cent said they felt tired of it and paid no attention to it while 62.2 per cent simply wanted the government to continue with its work.

On the behaviour of MPs during parliament meetings, 55.8 per cent said they were tired of them because their rudeness was not constructive and set a bad precedent for youngsters, while the rest, or 44.2 per cent, said they still wanted to follow House meetings to keep abreast of current situations.

Bangkok Post

Looks to me like people are increasingly afraid to speak up!

sicho

  • Guest
Re: Poll: Majority want to be neutral
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
They have always been afraid to speak up! It will be a long time yet before they speak their minds to a boy with a clipboard from Bangkok.

 



Thailand