Author Topic: Worker forced to bury corpses  (Read 1003 times)

Offline thaiga

  • Korat forum specialist
  • *****
  • Posts: 15960
Worker forced to bury corpses
« on: September 22, 2012, 01:08:19 PM »
this is a hard story to believe

PHETCHABURI : An employee of a doctor accused of killing two people whose bodies were dug up in a pineapple orchard has told police that his boss is a violent man who murdered them and two other workers.

The worker, a Myanmar national identified only as Kala, said yesterday his boss, Pol Col Supat Laohawattana, a doctor with the Police General Hospital, ordered him to bury the two corpses found in the orchard on Thursday and yesterday.

Kala was questioned yesterday by Tha Mai Ruak police while waiting for the surrender of Pol Col Supat, who did not show up.

In his statement, Kala said he had worked for the doctor for more than 18 years.

He said he was forced to work hard without pay and was given little to eat.

The man was living in a eucalyptus plantation in Ban Wang Khao San of Tha Yang district. His right arm has been amputated and his legs are crippled.

He told Pol Lt Col Preecha Rodkhongthee, a deputy chief of the Tha Mai Ruak police station, that he lost his arm because Pol Col Supat had forced him to insert it into a corn grinding machine after complaining he was working too slowly.

Kala also said he was crippled because his boss ordered him to climb coconut trees and one time he fell down and severely injured his legs.

He told police that Pol Col Supat often turned violent when he was dissatisfied with his workers.

The doctor punished them in a variety of ways, ranging from hitting them with a wooden stick to cutting their ears off, according to Mr Kala's statement.

About two years ago, Kala said, Pol Col Supat was so upset with the performance of two of his workers that he killed one of them by forcing them to swallow pesticide.

Around the same time, he saw his boss shoot dead another of the workers, Kala said, adding that he wanted to run away but dared not out of fear that he might be caught by the boss and end up murdered like the others.

The bodies police found buried in the doctor's orchard were those of one his fellow workers, Kala said.

He claims Pol Col Supat once told him to put two corpses into empty fertiliser bags, dump them into a pond in the pineapple orchard, and then cover the pond with soil using a tractor.

Police dug up the human remains after a tip-off that the bodies of husband and wife Samart Noomjui and Orasa Kerdsap could be buried in the doctor's orchard.

Yesterday, police raided the doctor's orchard again and continued digging with a backhoe.

They found the remains of another body.

Samart's father Sawang Noomjui, who was at the scene, said the remains could be those of his son.

Before Thursday's search, Mr Sawang, 55, had lodged a complaint with Nonthaburi police after Samart and Orasa's pickup truck was found in a deserted house in Nonthaburi.

The house was later identified as belonging to a relative of Pol Col Supat.

A backhoe digs up land in Pol Col Supat Laohawattana’s plantation in Phetchaburi’s Tha Yang district as police search for the bodies of a husband and wife believed to have been murdered and buried there. TAWATCHAI KEMGUMNERD
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined.

Offline thaiga

  • Korat forum specialist
  • *****
  • Posts: 15960
Re: Worker forced to bury corpses
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »
Victims shot at close range : Forensics

One skeleton identified; provincial court okays police doctor’s detention
A police doctor has been suspended from practice - and put in court custody - over suspected links to the murder of three people after three skeletons were found on his farm in Phetchaburi. Two of his suspected victims were a couple reported missing three years ago.

After his identity was revealed in the media last week, other stories about Dr Supat Laohawatthana's brutality started emerging, mainly from his brother Suthep, with whom he has had a long dispute over property.

One story was told by a worker from Myanmar whose arm was forced into a corn-grinding machine and severed up to the elbow, allegedly on the order of Supat.

It has also been alleged that Supat has been holding this worker's two young children in a safe house in Bangkok to ensure that the worker and his family continue working for him as enslaved labour. As for the three skeletons, Suthep alleged that Suphat shot the victims in the head after torturing them.

These details are said to be consistent with a police complaint lodged by Sawang Numjui, father of Samart, who disappeared with his wife Orasa Kerdsab in 2009. The couple, who previously worked for Supat and later bought land adjoining his ranch, were allegedly in dispute with him over boundary demarcation. Sawang, relying on scraps of clothing, identified one of the skeletons as that of his son.

For now, Supat faces charges of restraining people against their will, theft and possessing stolen items.

His request for early retirement, which would earn him the rank of a police major-general, has also been put on hold.

Human remains found on his farm have been sent to the Institute of Forensic Medicine. Initial tests show that the heads of two of the victims were pressed to the ground and shot several times, assistant police chief Pol Lt-General Jaramphorn Suramanee said.

"The gunshot wounds are close to each other indicating that the victim's heads were held still. Otherwise the bullet holes would have been far apart because naturally a victim's body or head will move once it is shot at," he said.


One body, identified as being male, shows no signs of torture, while another - the sex of which has yet to be determined - has two bullet holes in the skull. The third body, also of an undetermined sex, has three bullet holes in the skull.

Meanwhile, in defence of his statement implicating Supat, Suthep said he had no reason to put his own brother under fire, except that Supat was wrongly trying to put the blame on someone else.

Supat's lawyer Pholthep Suwannawichian said Samart and Orasa had been arrested in a neighbouring country over drug-related charges and that Supat's farm had been leased to someone else for more than a decade.

Supat was arrested on Saturday in Phetchaburi and escorted to the provincial court yesterday for an initial hearing about his detention. Sawang requested that the suspect not be allowed bail due to his personal connection with senior police investigators. The court heeded his request and ordered that he be held in police custody.

Meanwhile, a Senate committee yesterday questioned the police force's lack of action over Sawang’s complaint about his son and daughter-in-law going missing three years ago.

Nonthaburi police were also accused of doing little after learning that Samart's vehicle was found in an abandoned home on Sept 15. They allegedly only took action after news about the missing couple and their car emerged in the media.

Senate Speaker Nikhom Wairathpanich read out an excerpt of the police statement given to Sawang after the missing vehicle was located: "Only the vehicle is located, but not the people who disappeared."

Nikhom said: "I don't know who the public should turn to in cases like this when there is enough evidence but no action is taken to take down bad guys."

The Police General Hospital in Bangkok, where Supat works, has set up a committee to look into his alleged crimes. Hospital director Pol Lt-General Jongjate Owjatephong said Supat had not caused problems during his 25 years at the hospital. There had been no complaints or disciplinary action so far.

"What has happened is personal business and has nothing to do with his job as a physician. Whether he is involved in the issue depends on evidence," he said.
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined.