Author Topic: Retirement extension papers and procedure  (Read 716 times)

Offline Davidc

  • Korat forum tourist
  • **
  • Posts: 12
  • Newbie
Retirement extension papers and procedure
« on: June 25, 2016, 09:03:13 PM »
Asking for advice from JF again really. Sorry JF.
In discussions with Bannerman I mentioned who were all over my 'Independent' screen again today.
Do you have any experience or advice re. re. such services ?
Anyone else ?

Need some advice guys, I am coming up to my my first renewal of my retirement visa in Korat, visa was obtained in BangKok.  Can you advise what docs I need to take with me. I have the required 800K in the bank plus,the usual passport photos.  Am staying with my girlfriend so have no accommodation contract to show them, will that be a problem ?

Cheers for any help you can give


Offline Johnnie F.

  • Administrator
  • Korat forum specialist
  • *****
  • Posts: 6491
    • Korat-Info
Re: Retirement extension papers and procedure
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 09:38:35 PM »
What do you mean, your visa was obtained in Bangkok? A visa is the permission to cross the border into a country. So naturally a visa can only be obtained outside of the country at one of its embassies and consulates.

Were you given a "visa-waiver", a 30 days permission to stay stamp at the airport? That can only be extended for a maximum of another 30 days. After that you would have to leave the country. If you came in with a visa waiver, you first need to apply for conversion of that into a Non-Immigrant"O" visa. I have no information of that procedure, but heard it is possible.

For the extension of stay on the basis of retirement you need to be at least 50 years old and have entered Thailand on a Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O". That looks like this:

Upon entry you would have got a permission to stay stamp for 90 days in your passport, just like this:

These 90 days permission to stay can be extended to 365 days from the date of entry. You need to fill out the TM.7 form, attach a passport photograph on the back and pay 1,900 THB. Letter from the bank about your deposit that has been there for at least 2 months (first time only, then 3 months) you need as well as a copy of your recently updated bankbook and copies of your passport (data page, visa, entry stamp and both sides of the white TM.6 card they tacked into your passport at entry).

Your girlfriend should come along to sign some papers and also submit copies of her ID card and her house paper.

All photocopies have to be signed by you. When you come through the glass door at Dankwian Immigration, hand your papers to the officer sitting directly to the right. he/she will check and give you some more papers to fill in. If all is ok, he/she will give you a number. Then sit down and wait for your number to be called. Then your papers will be checked again and your face will be scanned with a camera and the computer will compare your face with the picture of the person, who entered the country with your passport. If all is ok, you will be given a stamp like this: