Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Subject:
Message icon:

Attach:
(Clear Attachment)
(more attachments)
Allowed file types: gif, jpg, pdf, png, kmz, rar, jpeg, dat
Restrictions: 3 per post, maximum total size 1280KB, maximum individual size 640KB
Note that any files attached will not be displayed until approved by a moderator.
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
How do people in Korat call the Thao Suranaree Monument in the center of town? (Mundo/Yamo/Supa/Mall):
What makes three plus two?:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview


Topic Summary

Posted by: Johnnie F.
« on: September 05, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »


Students at Sukhanaree School in Nakhon Ratchasima who suffered diarrhea and vomiting receive treatment on Tuesday morning. All had eaten chicken served after a police seminar against drug abuse on Monday.

NAKHON RATCHASIMA - Forty-six primary school students fell sick after eating khao man kai at the conclusion of a class against drug abuse organised by police in Muang district on Monday.

Rescue workers and medics were called to Sukhanaree School around 9.30am on Tuesaday, being informed that many students had suffered acute diarrhea and vomiting overnight.

A total of 46 students from Pathom Suksa 5 (Grade 5) were given immediate first aid. Nurses and medical staff from Maharat Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital later provided further treatment.

Teacher Sri-arun Buakhamthum said 114 students from three classrooms attended the D.A.R.E (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) activity organised by Provincial Police Region 3 at a hotel in Muang district...

Afterwards, the students and teachers were served khao man kai (Hainanese chicken and rice).

Ms Sri-arun said she also suffered diarrhea that night, but was not certain what caused it until parents notified the school’s Line group on Tuesday morning that their children had suffered diarrhea and and vomiting. All had attended the special activity and had eaten the chicken.

Veeraphat Somprasong, 11, said she had to go to the toilet eight times. She vomited and still felt chest pain this morning.

Kheetaphat Khotjangreed, 10, said she also had the runs, and believed it was food poisoning.

Medical staff provided treatment for 46 sick children at the school. Two girls were taken to hospital as they suffered dehydration and heart palpitations.

The school asked authorities to track down the cause.

Nisapa Kaewplee, a public health official at Muang municipality, said that police organising the event had ordered 130 boxes of khao man kai from a shop in the downtown area on Monday morning.

The food was delivered in boxes about 1.30pm and distributed to students after the event. Many students took it back to school with them to eat later.

Bangkok Post

Could it have been an experiment to keep food warm with solar energy (direct sunlight or so), or was it meant as a warning of "drug abuse" as in 'drugs needed to cure from sickness"?


Thailand