Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Message icon:

(Clear Attachment)
(more attachments)
Allowed file types: gif, jpg, pdf, png, kmz, rar
Restrictions: 3 per post, maximum total size 1280KB, maximum individual size 640KB
Note that any files attached will not be displayed until approved by a moderator.
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
How do people in Korat call the Thao Suranaree Monument in the center of town? (Mundo/Yamo/Supa/Mall):
What makes three plus two?:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Topic Summary

Posted by: Johnnie F.
« on: March 15, 2016, 11:45:40 AM »

TWO BOYS remained hospitalised yesterday after being exposed to a dangerous chemical while at a Khon Kaen province swimming pool on Sunday.
"The chemical leak affected 13 people. Two of them are still under doctors' supervision," Khon Kaen Provincial Organisation chief administrator Pattanawadee Channuan said.

She said most victims were aged between eight and 12 while a few swimming pool staff had been affected.

She said swimmers and staff started smelling the chemical at about 7.30pm on Sunday and soon after that children started vomiting.

"Parents and staff at the swimming pool quickly helped children out of the pool and called ambulances," she said.

Pattanawadee said some victims lost consciousness because they were likely had greater exposure to the chemical than others.

She said the chemical was soda ash, which was used to clean swimming pools.

She said staff planned to use soda ash and some other chemicals to clean the swimming pool after it was closed at 8pm on Sunday.

The swimming pool is the province's main pool. It has used the cleaning method for more than two decades.

"We have found that the container used to keep the soda ash was not tightly closed," Pattanawadee said.

Anurak Suikraduang, a staff member at the pool, said soon after the chemical containers brought out in preparation for the cleaning job the smell began circulating.

Pattanawadee said the swimming pool would be closed for two days so measures could be put in place to ensure the incident was not repeated.

The Nation
Posted by: Johnnie F.
« on: March 14, 2016, 11:27:38 AM »

Over ten children were rushed from the swimming pool of the Khon Kaen provincial stadium to the provincial hospital after a chemical solution used for treating the water leaked into the pool.
The accident happened at 7:30 pm while over ten children were swimming in the pool, an official said.

The solution caused the children to vomit and suffer irritated eyes. They were rushed to the Khon Kaen Hospital, said Somchai Ittharat, who is in charge of the swimming pool.

The solution is normally used to mixed into the water at night in a proper amount.

The Nation