Post reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 365 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Message icon:

(Clear Attachment)
(more attachments)
Allowed file types: gif, jpg, pdf, png, kmz, rar, jpeg
Restrictions: 3 per post, maximum total size 1280KB, maximum individual size 640KB
Note that any files attached will not be displayed until approved by a moderator.
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
How do people in Korat call the Thao Suranaree Monument in the center of town? (Mundo/Yamo/Supa/Mall):
What makes three plus two?:

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Topic Summary

Posted by: thaiga
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:35:29 AM »

Drunk Monk Disrobed For Public Tantrum

Monk sits Monday inside Udon Thani Police Station after he caused commotion at the provincial bus terminal.

A monk was disrobed Monday after he got drunk on moonshine and yelled at a number of farangs waiting at a bus station.

From a forest temple in Udon Thani province, he was pacing around the provincial bus terminal yelling at seated foreigners when police and military officers approached to see what was wrong.

Officers said the 51 year old reeked of alcohol as he told them his tale.

A monk of four years, had returned from a Kathin ritual in Kalasin province and was waiting at the terminal for another bus to take him back home to Udon’s Nong Saeng district.

To refresh himself, he bought two bottles of Phaya Naga herbal moonshine which he then promptly consumed.

When a foreign man approached the monk for directions, he lost it in a drunken rage.

Pfc. Suksit Sriputta had been at the bus terminal when he noticed the yelling monk and detained him before calling for police backup.

“We investigated this monk, and it seems that he was often caught drinking and forced to leave the monkhood,” said Lt. Theerayothin Supsin of Udon Thani city police. “He would return to the monkhood again and again after drinking. This cycle happened three to four times.”

Theerayothin, who got the morning call about the monk’s misbehavior, said the white men he had been yelling at had fled the bus station by the time he got there.

He was subsequently disrobed at a local temple.